Continuing with our Cooking With Beer segment, We decided to use our last cans of Ballast Point Brewing’s Longfin Lager and make the perfect marinara sauce; We call it The Marinara Galaxy.
This Marinara sauce is quick and simple. The hardest part of this recipe is chopping the veggies, everything else is super easy to follow. Don’t take my word for it, try it… This will become your favorite marinara sauce (I say that a lot) and seeing how quick it is to make, store bought sauce just won’t do it anymore.
Let’s dig into the recipe.
The Marinara Galaxy
- Medium Sauce Pot
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Green Pepper Dice
- 1 med Onion Dice
- 4 stalk Celery Dice
- 1 lg Carrot Dice
- 12 oz Longfin Lager or Favorite Lager
- 2½ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 can Pettite Diced Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 can Tomato Paste
- 4 tsp Basil Leaves
- 4 tsp Oregano Leaves
- 3 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Bow Tie Pasta - Your Choice in Quantity
- On medium heat, pour olive oil into sauce pot, heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add peppers, onion, celeryand carrots. Let cook for approximately 10 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add garlic, Longfin lager, chicken broth, tomato can and tomato paste. Bring back to a boiland then turn to low simmer.
- Add basil, oregano, italian seasoning, sugar, salt and black pepper. Let everything cook for about an hour and a half on low heat (important). Stir frequently to avoid burning. Serve hot with your favorite cheese
Bow Tie Pasta
- When using The Marinara Galaxy sauce, we cooked our pasta in 3 cups of water and 1 can of Longfin Lager.Bring to a boil, add pasta and cook acording to the instructions or until slightly Aldente (aprox. 12 minutes). Drain pasta, there is no need to rinse the pasta. Discard the liquid and serve pasta with The Marinara Galaxy sauce.