Hello Humans… The Aliens are back at it again with another amazing recipe using the best craft beer around. This time the beer comes from our friends at Lord Hobo Brewing Company. When the Massachusetts brewery sent us their delicious Black Double IPA: Doom Sauce, I immediately thought “This will pair perfectly with Chili” but instead of pairing with, I decided to incorporate it into the recipe. The “Doomed Planet Chili” was born…
You will find the recipe below.
Doomed Planet Chili
- Dutch Oven or Large Saucepan
- 1 tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1½ lb Ground Beef
- ½ lg Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Cummin
- 1¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 can Peeled Stewed Tomatoes (14 oz) Undrained
- 12 oz Lord Hobo's Doom Sauce or Craft Brewed IPA
- ½ cup Favorite Mexican Salsa Chunky
- 1 Fresh Serrano Peper Thin Slices
- 1 can Pinto Beans Drained
- Chopped cilantro, green onions, shredded Cheddar cheese, Sliced pickled jalapenos, sour cream
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef, onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano and chrushed red peppers over mixute; mix well.
- Add tomatoes, beer and salsa; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1¼ hours. Stir occasionally
- Stir in beans. Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes or until thickened. Serve with desired toppins
*We also stuffed a Chile Relleno with the chili mix and it came out super delicious.
As always, I must warned you that… This might become your favorite chili recipe so Eat Responsibly… Please leave any questions, comments or concern in the comment area below.
Beer Alien would like to give a BIG thanks to Lord Hobo Brewing Company for sending us the beer to accomplish this recipe.