Want something different for Christmas Eve dinner this year?! Love craft beer!?
What if we told you that you can make an entire Pale Ale Meatloaf Dinner with one 22 oz bottle of your favorite Pale Ale!? That’s right humans we took one 22 oz bottle of Mission Brewery El Conquistador Pale Ale and made this amazing pale ale meatloaf, pale ale brussels sprouts, & some pale ale mashed potatoes!
Pale Ale Meatloaf
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped (2 cups)
- 1 12- ounce bottle your favorite pale ale
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds 95%-lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 pounds 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Pour in beer and increase heat to high. Bring to a vigorous boil; cook until the liquid is quite syrupy and the mixture reduces to about 3/4 cup, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in thyme, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add beef, turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg and egg white to the onion mixture. With clean hands, mix thoroughly and transfer to the prepared pan.
- Bake the meatloaf until an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F when inserted into the center, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes; drain accumulated liquid from the pan and slice.
- We recommend adding some ketchup to top of meatloaf about 10 minutes before meatloaf is done for a nice topping