Surly Brewing’s first variety pack hit shelves the week of February 19th across Surly’s footprint, and will include Furious, Xtra-Citra, and Hell. BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE. Each variety pack will include a Surly beer that’s exclusive to the 12er. Oftentimes that beer will be brand new.
That’s the case with 60 BELOW, a crisp rye IPA exclusive to the 12er. Named after the coldest temperature ever hit in Minnesota, 60 BELOW features experimental hops and notes of candied grape, orange, and vanilla cream. The rye bill contributes a deep red hue and spicy malt character, and as noted, you can only get it in the variety pack.
VARIETY PACK NOTES:
- Three more variety packs are in the hopper this year. You can check the all-new Surly Brewing brand calendar for details.
- Each 12-pack will have a wild card beer in addition to our standard bearers. Some will have two. All of them will be exclusive to the variety pack. It’ll be fun. Collect them all!
60 BELOW NOTES:
- Dry-hopped with Experimental 06297 and Ekuanot hops.
- Cararye and flaked rye make up the rye bill.
- 6.5% ABV.
- Assertively bitter.
- 60 Below cans are only in the variety pack*. Think of it like a prize in a cereal box if it wasn’t legally and morally dubious to put beer in a cereal box.
*There will be some 60 Below kegs in market and in our Beer Hall, but the variety pack is where the can lives.
Be sure to follow us on Social Media to get to see our beer adventures live as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!