With the release of Ballast Point Brewing’s Longfin Lager, we decided to take a French approach and create our very own Beer Alien “Longfin-gers” Seafood lobster, crab and shrimp bisque recipe using Ballast Point’s Longfin Craft Beer.
We used a combination of vegetables and seafood to give this bisque depth and layers of flavors. The addition of the Longfin Lager takes this bisque to a whole new level. Lets get into the recipe…
Beer Alien Longfin-gers Seafood Bisque
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 10 0z Cooked Lobster or Crab Meat, Diced
- 10 oz Medium Shrimp Cooked Peeled & Devined. Dice
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Onion, small dice
- ½ cup Celery, small dice
- ½ cup Carrots, small dice
- 2 tbsp Tomatoe Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf Small
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 8 oz Ballast Point Longfin Lager (or Favorite Lager)
- 3 cups Light Cream (half & Half)
- Melt butter in a medium size pot on medium heat.
- Stir in flour until fully incorporated.
- Slowly stir in the chicken broth and Longfin Lager until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Cook for about 2-3 minutes at a boil and then turndown to low heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onions, bay leaf, cayenne, salt and tomatoe paste. Keep on low and heat and cook for 30 minutes, until vegetable are tender. You must stir frquently to avoid burning.
- Add the light cream, lobster or crab meat and shrimp. Cook for another 15 minutes on low, keep stirring.
- Remove tails from shrimp if tails are on.
- Remove bay leaf and serve
*We toasted some French bread with a garlic spread. We also crisped some bacon for a little extra crunch and garnishment.
This delicious bisque will soon become you favorite soup. Even thou it looks like a lot of ingredients, it is super easy to execute and follow. Enjoy…