Darkness Day approaches and Cerberus is standing in attention at the gates of Surly, ready to hold back the hordes…Darkness Day Cometh….just a little earlier this year.
That’s right, on Saturday, October 15, Surly Nation will descend upon our Brooklyn Center, Minnesota brewery to get the first taste of Darkness 2016, our massive Russian Imperial Stout. We will be ready with our usual mix of music, food and Surly beer, so keep reading – or check out the Darkness Day Brochure – for more information…
ENTERING DARKNESS DAY:
Everyone will be ID’d and given either a 21+ OR an underage wristband upon entrance. You don’t need a ticket to enter, but you MUST be 21+ or accompanied by a parent.
There are 1,500 Darkness wristbands that will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis. This wristband will allow you to purchase up to SIX bottles of Darkness. Read further down for more details on purchasing 2016 Darkness.
WHEN: Saturday, October 15, from 11:00AM to 5:30PM.
11:00AM – 11:30AM: Master Chief Brewer Todd Haug – Solo Guitar
11:30AM – 12:15PM: God Came From Space (ft. Surly employee Sarah Lawson)
12:45PM – 1:30PM: Dumpster Juice
2:00PM – 3:00PM: Reaping Asmodeia
3:30PM – 4:30PM: Revocation
(*Show times subject to change slightly)
11:00AM – 5:30PM:
- Chef Shack
- Nate Dogs
- Gastro Truck
- Kennedy Concessions
- Groveland Confections
- Market BBQ
- Hot Indian Foods
- Nordic Nomad
BEER ON TAP:
Beer tickets are $5 each, and MUST be purchased (cash or credit) at the ticket tent before you get in line for a beer.
- Darkness 2016
- Furious Black
- Todd the Axe Man
- Hopshifter IPA
- Surly Pils
- Surly Gose
- Coffee Bender
Limited Cask Pours:
- Darkness, aged in the cask on Red Oak and Vanilla Beans
- Tea-Bagged Damien, dry-hopped in the cask with Glacier hops
- Tea-Bagged Furious Black, dry-hopped in the cask with ALL the hops
- Tea-Bagged Todd the Axe Man, dry-hopped in the cask with Citra and Mosaic hops
- Tea-Bagged Bender, dry-hopped in the cask with Willamette and aged on Red Oak
- Simpson’s, aged in the cask on Red Oak
PURCHASING 2016 DARKNESS:
- There are 1,500 Darkness wristbands that will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis. This wristband will allow you to purchase up to SIX 750ML bottles of 2016 Darkness for $20 each (CASH ONLY) – you must be 21+ to purchase Darkness.
- Darkness wristbands will be color-coded and marked with your purchasing time. DO NOT LINE UP if it is not your allotted purchasing time. Go enjoy your damn day. If you miss your allotted time, you’ll be able to enter with any other group until 2:30PM.
- The bottle purchase line WILL NOT be in the brewery. It will be near 48th and Drew, and it will be clearly marked.
- If there are extra bottles after the initial sales, you will be able to buy up to four more Darkness starting at 3pm (while quantities last, which typically is not long).
- We are trying to get everyone through the Darkness line as efficiently as possible. Purchase times are approximate – if we can get you through faster, we will. Check @surlybrewing and #DarknessDay on Twitter for updates/changes on wristband purchasing times.
- Our neighbors have been gracious enough to let us use their parking lots. Don’t make a mess. Overflow parking is available at Caribou across Hwy. 100.
- There is limited bike parking by the front gate for those of you who are hardcore enough to go green.
- If you need to leave your car, please do. But have it moved by Sunday morning, or it will be towed.
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!