Stone Brewing Company has some juicy news to share: The next beer in their Enjoy By series is the Stone Enjoy By 05.30.16 Tangerine IPA and is now ripe for the picking!
When it comes to freshness, Stone Brewing is known for pushing boundaries. The craft brewery’s commitment to freshness is reflected in not only this week’s release, but the entire Enjoy By series. Stone Enjoy By 05.30.16 Tangerine IPA offers a recipe that showcases the juicy goodness of tangerines. For hop lovers with summer on their mind, this fresh IPA is brewed to be enjoyed now with vibrant flavors that are a result of using more than ten hop varietals and pureed tangerines, creating a hop-pushing twist to this double IPA.
“The Stone Enjoy By IPA series was developed to demonstrate the importance of fresh beer,” said Stone Brewmaster Mitch Steele. “In addition to our Stone Enjoy By Black IPA and Stone Enjoy By Unfiltered IPA variations, we wanted to introduce something fans would enjoy drinking this summer. We chose to infuse our original Stone Enjoy By IPA recipe with tangerine, and the result is something remarkably refreshing that contributes uniquely to the massive hop flavor.”
Stone Enjoy By 05.30.16 Tangerine IPA will be available in 22-ounce bottles, 12-ounce bottles in six-packs, and on draft beginning this week. Brewed to be enjoyed within 37 days, this date-driven series of devastatingly fresh double IPAs encourages fans to live in the NOW!
Fans can share their #EnjoyByTangerine experiences on Twitter and Instagram and check in on Untappd. Tweets, photos and check-ins are then shared on the beer’s social wall.
- Name: Stone Enjoy By 05.30.16 Tangerine IPA
- Stats: 9.4% ABV | 90 IBUs
- Availability: 22-ounce bottles, 12-ounce six-packs and draft, beginning April 25
- Hop Varieties: Nugget, Super Galena, Simcoe, Amarillo, Delta, Target, Cascade, Citra, Galaxy, Nelson Sauvin, Motueka and Helga
- Find Beer: find.stonebrewing.com
Provided by Stone Brewmaster Mitch Steele
- Appearance: Golden with creamy white foam.
- Aroma: Orange citrus aromatics followed by peach and other fruits.
- Taste: Hoppy and very fruity, with a tangerine kick on the finish – It’s found in both the flavor and the aroma.
- Palate: Dry, hints of alcohol warmth and a nice bitterness on the back end.
- Overall: Although still very similar to our classic version of Stone Enjoy By IPA (it is the same recipe, after all), the tangerine adds a more intense citrus element to the beer. We first made this variation in 2015 as a very small batch and loved it so much that we had to find a date for it in 2016.
Provided by Stone Craft Beer Ambassador “Dr.” Bill Sysak
- Appetizers: Coconut shrimp, ceviche, guacamole, garlic edamame, mango salsa
- Soups: Greek, spinach citrus, waldorf, quinoa black bean, green papaya
- Entreés: Sashimi, roasted chicken, lime curry tofu stir-fry, grilled onion cakes, salmon, spicy eggplant
- Cheeses: Montgomery cheddar, Maytag Blue, Bûcheron, Fiscalini Bandage Wrapped Cheddar, Huntsman
- Desserts: Carrot cake, pineapple upside-down cake, peach cobbler, macaroons
- Cigars: Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Candela Lonsdale, Illusione 888 Candela
About Stone Brewing
Founded by Greg Koch and Steve Wagner in 1996, San Diego-based Stone Brewing is the 10th-largest craft brewer in the United States. Stone has been listed on the Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies list 11 times, and has been called the “All-time Top Brewery on Planet Earth” by BeerAdvocate magazine twice. The multifaceted company will be the first American craft brewer to independently build, own and operate a brewery in Europe, and is also building a production brewery and destination restaurant in Richmond, Virginia. Brewing at both locations will be underway in summer 2016. Known for its bold, flavorful and largely hop-centric beers, Stone has earned a reputation for brewing outstanding, unique beers while maintaining an unwavering commitment to sustainability, business ethics, philanthropy and the art of brewing. For more information on Stone Brewing, please visit StoneBrewing.com or the company’s social media sites: Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and The Stone Blog.
Be sure to follow us on Social Media to get to see our beer adventures live as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!