There’s so much happening around San Diego County and we try to keep our digit on the human pulse. We have spies all over the place, so we cannot always link or site our sources. Here’s a few things we have seen and heard regarding the craft beer scene in San Diego County:
- The Stone Brewing Company beers will soon be available in Europe at Brew Dog bars. I think this could really help Stone with distribution in Europe, especially with their Berlin Brewery on it’s way to being in full production.
- A source tells us Stone is doing away with two of their year-round beers, Levitation Amber Ale and Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA. These titles will be discontinued. We are also getting word that the old standard
Stone IPAStone Pale Ale will get a reworked recipe.
- In other Stone news, it’s looking like their hotel is not getting the funding that they were expecting, and this project is on the back burner. Also our sources say that the new production facility (including brewery, restaurant and tasting room) in Richmond, VA., is expected to be twice the size of the current Escondido location.
- Many of us are familiar with Hamilton’s Tavern in South Park. We are also familiar with their sister location Monkey Paw Pub and Brewery in East Village. But it looks like a new brewing facility is opening up right next door to Hamilton’s and the head brewer will be Monkey Paw’s very own Cosimo Sorrentino. This info comes straight from Cosimo as he was talking about it, as I was enjoying some nice AleSmith Barrel Aged Speedway at Hamilton’s Tavern.
- Rip Current Brewing is opening up a new tasting room in North Park on the 30th Street Beer Corridor, just a block from Toronado, and across the street from Ritual Tavern and Kitchen. One cool thing about this tasting room is it will serve food, and the kitchen will be run by Sublime Alehouse / Tavern.
- AleSmith is teaming up with Mikkeller for AleSmith’s 20th Anniversary collaboration Beer Geek Speedway. Bottles go on sale on Monday, January 19th, at 11am at BrownPaperTickets.
- Intergalactic Brewing has brought back Red Planet Rye and Deep Space Imperial Porter.
- San Diego Brew Fest returns Jan 17 at Liberty Station
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!