Slow Cooked Chicken Chili Verde
An Easy to Make Flavorful Chicken Chili Verde with Beer!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 bottle beer*
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and black pepper
- optional: 1 jalapeno, stem removed and diced, leaving the seeds in for extra heat if desired
- Added a dash of lime juice & a cup of chopped onions to slow cooker
- Also did 1 cup onion & 1 cup cilantro with lime juice for topping
- Recommended Beer: We recommend using Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin. This spicy pepper beer brings some great flavors to this dish! More info here: http://www.ballastpoint.com/beer/sculpin-with-habanero/
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Top with salsa verde and beer, and sprinkle with cumin and season with a few generous pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Use a pair of tons or a spoon to turn the chicken so that both sides are coated. Cover. Cook for 3-4 hours on high heat, or 7-8 hours on low heat.
- The chicken is ready when easily shreds with a fork. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker, and toss with the juices. Then remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and serve warm. Or, store the shredded chicken in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Adapted from Beer Alien