In the spirit of holiday cheer and holiday beer, Barons Market and Alesmith Brewing announce Ho-Ho-Hoppy Holidays Backroom Beer Pairing.
On Wednesday, December 2, the Barons Market locations in Point Loma, Rancho Bernardo and Alpine will transform loading docks and stock rooms into food and local brew speakeasies. A Barons Market tradition, the family-owned grocery store gifts proceeds back to local organizations in the community. Proceeds from the December 2 event will benefit the San Diego Food Bank.
“Holiday memories revolve around delicious meals prepared with family and friends, but not everyone has that opportunity this time of year,” says Rachel Shemirani, vice president of marketing for Barons Market. “For our final beer pairing of 2015, we wanted to give a lasting gift to the community–something that can fill both bellies and hearts.”
A full belly does much more than remind us of the holidays. Local food banks ensure that people don’t go hungry and can focus on living healthy lives. The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank remains the largest hunger-relief organization in San Diego County, providing food to people in need and connecting the people they serve to a range of health and human service providers since 1977.
The joy-filled menu for Ho-Ho-Hoppy Holidays includes:
- Chicken lettuce wraps with ginger dressing and wonton crisps with Alesmith’s X-Extra Pale Ale
- Sausage and artichoke stuffed mushrooms with Alesmith’s Nut Brown Ale
- Asparagus, smoked salmon and brie crostini with Alesmith’s Lil’ Devil
- Hamburger sliders with brie, caramelized onions and two types of mustard with Alesmith’s IPA
- Lentil soup with pita chips and crumbled feta cheese with Alesmith’s Double Red IPA
To ring in the holiday season with festive flavors and homegrown brews, head to any San Diego County Barons Market from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Wednesday, December 2. Space is limited, so purchase your $15 tickets here.
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!