As Halloween quickly approaches followed by Thanksgiving…the Beer Aliens are on a quest to find out which of our favorite pumpkin beers make the best pumpkin pie of 2015!
The way we set it up is by doing a blind taste test that puts two beers up against each other. The only person who knew what beer was in each of the pies was the one who made them. We then lined them up with a number on the bottom of the plate that corresponded to each of the pies and had people pick their favorite number based on taste!
First Round: Uinta Brewing Company Punk’n Harvest Pumpkin Ale vs Coronado Brewing Company Punk’In Drublic.
Winner: Coronado Brewing Company Punk’In Drublic by a landside
Second Round: Shipyard Brewing Co Smashed Pumpkin vs Belching Beaver Pumpkin Spice Milk Stout
Winner: Shipyard Brewing Co Smashed Pumpkin by just one vote it was extremely close
Want to try out your favorite pumpkin beer as a pie!? Here’s the recipe:
- 1 9 in unbaked pie shell
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp group cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 ounces of your favorite pumpkin beer
- Combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl. Lightly beat in two eggs.
- Stir in the canned pumpkin and your favorite pumpkin beer until well combined. Pour into pie shell. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees, and bake an additional 45-50 minutes, or until fork placed in center of the pie comes out clean. Cool, and serve.