Gemütlichkeit LLC today announces the filming schedule of Oktoberfest Movie at Alpine Village beginning on September 12, 2015. Alpine Village, host of the longest running Oktoberfest in Southern California, will be providing the location for filming during Oktoberfest, as well as running special promotions to involve fans on both sides of the camera for the movie. Oktoberfest fans can enter contests for a chance to win tickets to Alpine Village Oktoberfest and be extras in the movie.
Oktoberfest Movie is about the unique experience of Oktoberfest at Alpine Village, which is enjoyed and celebrated by thousands of people from diverse backgrounds every year. As a celebration of that diversity, Oktoberfest Movie is not only brought to you by filmmakers who are fans of Oktoberfest, but it is also engaging fans all over the world to create a truly unique way of filmmaking.
“The producers all met working at Alpine Village Oktoberfest”,” says Director Paul Porter. “As you can imagine, we meet a lot of characters on the job. They all have stories – from romantic to epic, zany to sobering – we’ve truly been inspired by the different people who come together to share a good time with good company and good friends.”
The filmmakers have sought input from their audience in a variety of ways, including the ability to watch live auditions via periscope and then submit their vote online for Oktoberfest’s leading man. Last week, the filmmakers launched a Kickstarter campaign where supporters can pre-order the film as a digital download or a DVD copy of the finished product. The campaign has raised over $13,000 with the help of close to 150 supporters.
How the audience can get involved with the movie:
- Attend Alpine Village Oktoberfest September 12 and 19 for a chance to be an extra in the movie!
- Enter our Oktoberfest Story Photo contest: Winner will receive two tickets to Alpine Village and two nights stay at a nearby hotel. Photos may appear in the movie.
- Enter our “ Invent a Drinking Game Contest.” Winning Game will be featured in the movie and DVD bonus features
- DesignCrowd contests launching in September for character design
- SoundCloud contest for independent musicians to be included on the Oktoberfest Movie Soundtrack
- Name or style a character on OktoberfestMovie.com
- Support Kickstarter campaign at www.OktoberfestMovie.com/Kickstarter
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!