Get ready to taste some of San Diego’s best craft beers during San Diego Beer Week 2015! At Beer Alien we’ve been eagerly anticipating this fun-packed week of new release brews, rare and specialty beers, food pairings, brunches, demonstrations, and other awesome festivities happening all around San Diego. San Diego Beer Week lasts from November 6th through the 15th! Don’t forget during this week, there is always the opportunity to rub elbows with some of the minds and muscle behind some of the best SD Beers all while having a fun time with other beer enthusiasts!
This event is all about celebrating San Diego craft beer. And, since San Diego is the Beer Aliens’ home here on planet earth, we wouldn’t miss it for the, ahem…world. So come join us in all the fun!
Here are some highlights we have picked out from the long line-up of beer-related events that we are particularly excited about.
Rare Beer Breakfast hosted by Stone Brewing Co.
This is the annual breakfast party that kicks off San Diego Beer Week! Including 15 3oz tasters, a commemorative glass, your choice of 40 rare beers, delicious food, and live jazz. “Dr.” Bill Sysak displays some of his pairing magic with a creative buffet by Chef Tausha Lopez.
- Friday Nov 6, 9am-12pm
- Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
- 1999 Citracado Parkway Escondido, CA 92029
- Get your tickets and more info here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/386-rare-beer-breakfast
The six varieties will include: Passion Fruit, Pomegranate, Ginger Peach, Blackberry Mint, & White Chocolate Blueberry!
- Friday November 6, 12pm-10:30pm
- Kilowatt Brewing
- 7576 Clairemont Mesa Blvd San Diego, CA 92111
Guild Fest: VIP Brewer Takeover & Brewers Guild Festival hosted by San Diego Brewers Guild
Meet some of San Diego’s award-winning brewers and sample San Diego’s finest, rare, and specialty beers including ones just brewed for this event. Includes unlimited beer samples and food samples from local craft-beer friendly restaurants.
- Friday Nov 6, 6pm-9pm VIP Brewer Takeover
- Saturday Nov 7, 1pm-5pm Brewers Guild Festival
- $100 for Two Day Pass
- Port Pavillion on Broadway Pier 1000 N Harbor Dr. San Diego, CA 92101
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/364-guild-fest-vip-brewer-takeover
Bruery Flights & Taps hosted by Ritual Kitchen, Tavern & Garden
Try some of The Bruery’s specialty beers and some prix fixe custom menu items to pair them with. Flights available from 4-6pm, prix fixe menu begins at 6pm.
- Saturday Nov 7, 4pm- 12am
- 4095 30th St. San Diego, CA 92104
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/497-bruery-flights-&-taps-at-ritual
AleSmith Brunch hosted by Barrel Republic Oceanside
AleSmith beers and brunch anyone? They will open just in time for football and feature a delicious brunch menu to go with an assortment of their rare and special release beers. Some of their ‘wake-up’ brews include: Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout, Coffee Nut Brown, and Orange X Ale.
- Sunday Nov 8, 10am-1pm
- 215 N Coast Hwy Oceanside, CA 92054
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/442-alesmith-brunch-at-barrel-republic-oceanside
Nomad Donuts and Beer Pairing hosted by Thorn Street Brewery
Nomad Donuts is collaborating with Thorn Street Brewery offering a pairing with three specially crafted donuts and three tasters of craft beer.
- Sunday Nov 8, 12pm-2pm
- Thorn Street Brewery
- 3176 Thorn Street San Diego, CA 92104
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/509-nomad-donuts-and-beer-pairing
The Lost Abbey Beer Lunch hosted by Brewer Steve Burchill
Enjoy a 5 course lunch with brewer Steve Burchill, and culinary creations by Chef Elias that are paired with some of The Lost Abbey’s distinguished beers.
- Sunday Nov 8, 2pm-4:30pm
- OB Warehouse
- 4839 Newport Ave San Diego, CA 92107
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/446-the-lost-abbey-beer-lunch
Join the crew of Modern Times for San Diego’s raddest dog show! Dog judging starts at 1 PM and there will be food trucks and a bunch of Modern Times Beer on tap! The Quartyard even has an off-leash area for your dog! So if you are a lover of dogs and of beers this is the event for you! Categories for judging are: outfit/costume, celebrity lookalike, can do a trick, best smile, best dressed, best strut, looks most like owner!
- Sunday Nov 8, 11am-3pm
- 1102 Market St San Diego, CA 92101
- You can get more info and sign up here: http://www.quartyardsd.com/calendar/2015/11/8/modern-times-dog-show
Alpine Beer Co, Green Flash & Ballast Point hosted by SD TapRoom
Taste a variety of excellent craft beers and mingle with the brewers and reps from these award-winning SD breweries.
- Monday Nov 9, 3pm-11:30pm
- SD Taproom
- 1269 Garnet Ave San Diego, CA 92109
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/379-green-flash-%2F-alpine-%2F-ballast-point–sd-taproom
AleSmith 3-day Speedway Grand Prix hosted by AleSmith Brewing Co.
Taste your way through specialty takes on AleSmith’s delicious Speedway Stout. Sour Cherry Speedway, Butterfinger Speedway, and Graveyard Shift Speedway are just a few on the lineup. Enjoy a few ‘laps’ (flights) of these specialty beers as well as other kegged and cask varieties.
- November 11, 12, & 13 11am-10pm
- AleSmith Tasting Room
- 9990 AleSmith Court San Diego, CA 92126
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/522-speedway-grand-prix-%E2%80%93-day-1
Karl Strauss Peanut Butter Cup Porter Flight & A Float hosted by Karl Strauss Brewing Company
You can head down to any Karl Strauss Restaurant location to get your hands on a flight & a float– featuring original Peanut Butter Cup Porter, a Cask-version of Peanut Butter Cup Porter, Oaked Peanut Butter Cup Porter, and a scoop of Vanilla ice cream to build your own float!
- Thursday November 12, 11am-10pm
- All Karl Strauss Locations
- You can find their locations on their website: http://www.karlstrauss.com/
San Diego Beer Week Movember Party hosted by Dani P’s and the Belching Beaver Brewery
Bring your mustache and celebrate Movember to raise awareness of prostate cancer all while drinking some exclusive Belching Beaver brews like Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Horchata Stout and Coffee Coconut Beaver’s Milk Stout on NITRO. A portion of the evening’s sales will go to the Movember Foundation.
- Friday Nov 13, 6pm
- Dani P’s Cork & Tap
- 560 Greenbrier Dr Suite 105, Oceanside, CA 92054
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/470-san-diego-beer-week-movember-party-hosted-by-dani-p’s-&-the-belching-beaver-brewery
Coronado Brewing Company hosted by TapRoom/ Coronado Brewing Company
Join the crew of Coronado Brewing co as they talk about their beer and enjoy food from TapRoom kitchen. We saw a Barrel-Aged Jurata Baltic Porter and German Chocolate Cake beer in the tentative lineup. Yum!
- Saturday Nov 7, 3-10pm
- SD Taproom
- 1269 Garnet Ave San Diego, CA 92109
- Get your tickets and more information here: https://www.sdbw.org/event-info/378-coronado-brewing-co–taproom
Coronado Brewing Company will also be hosting specials at all their locations ( Coronado | Imperial Beach | San Diego) throughout beer week. They will be having $1.50 Keep the Glass & 20 % off ALL merchandise so be sure to stock up on your mermaid gear! At their Tasting Room they will be also be having a Nitro Beer of the Day & a Beertender Flight of the Day!
For a complete list of the events offered during SD Beer Week 2015 please visit https://www.sdbw.org/schedule
We look forward to invading SDBW and enjoying San Diego’s finest craft beer with you humans! Stay tuned for more information and our thoughts on these events. You can also follow us live on our Instagram, Twitter, & Snapchat to see where we end up!
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/beeralien/
- Snapchat: beeralien
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BeerAlien
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!