We could not be more excited to announce Green Flash Cellar 3 celebrating their 1-year anniversary and debuting their first rare beer masterpiece from the Barrelmaster’s Reserve Series!
On Saturday, May 21st during American Craft Beer Week, Green Flash Cellar 3 in Poway is celebrating their 1-year anniversary with a full day of rare & barrel-aged beer tasting, live music, and other art activities.
The highlight of the event will be the first-ever limited edition bottle release of Lustrous Frumento with Coffee, part of their new Barrelmaster’s Reserve series of one-off, barrel-aged brews. Here’s more info about the release of this special brew:
- There will be less than 600 bottles of this beer available and only in the Cellar 3 Tasting Room on May 21st
- Bottles are available on a first-come, first-served basis – limit two per person!
- Cellar 3 Barrelmaster, Pat Korn will be on hand to sign bottles and talk beer
Lustrous Frumento with Coffee is a 100% bourbon barrel-aged “black ale” featuring a rich malty double stout base. It is matured in freshly emptied, hand-selected “Old Forrester” bourbon barrels, which arrive at Cellar 3 still dripping from the distillery. The beer has rested in the barrels for 30 months, gaining plenty of spicy oak, vanilla and caramel notes. After being deemed “ready” by the Barrelmaster himself, a beautiful cold brew coffee made from a blend of Brazilian and Sumatran beans from San Diego coffee roaster, Mostra, is added to intensify and complement the rich caramel and vanilla from the barrels. Lustrous Frumento with Coffee is 13.1% ABV and packaged in a signature bronze and silver decorated edition of the Cellar 3 750 ml cork-finished bottles.
With a full lineup of all-day activity in Cellar 3 Tasting Room, the event is sure to offer something for everyone. Event elements include:
- 12pm – 9pm: A beer geeks’ dream-lineup of rare sours and barrel-aged beers from Cellar 3 including unique cask offerings.
- 12pm – 9pm: Live “interactive” art project, where all guests can contribute to the next Cellar 3 installation
- 12pm – 4pm: Live screen printing with Squeegee Prints
- 12pm – 3pm: Vinyl Junkies – live DJ set and records for sale
- 4pm: Commemorative 1 year Anniversary cask-tapping and toast and cake from Cute Cakes
- 5pm – 7pm: Free bites from Venissimo Cheese and Andrea’s Truffles
- 5pm – 7pm: The Cellar 3 art space – opening show reception with works by Celeste Byers:http://celestebyers.com/
- 6pm – 9pm Live music show featuring the band, Hot Damn Sextet https://www.facebook.com/hotdamnsextet/
- 9pm: Event ends
When: Saturday, May 21st from 12pm – 9pm
Where: Green Flash Cellar 3, 12260 Crosthwaite Circle, Poway, CA 92064
About Green Flash Brewing Co.
Green Flash Brewing Co. is located in San Diego, California, and was established in 2002 by co-founders Mike and Lisa Hinkley. Brewmaster, Erik Jensen, leads brewing operations. Green Flash is an award-winning brewer of fine, craft ales, and specializes in brewing assertive and distinctive beers, such as nationally acclaimed West Coast I.P.A.: an award-winning beer whose wide acceptance has helped define a category. Green Flash is available in bottles and on draft nationally – offerings include a growing lineup of seasonal and limited release ales, including several barrel-aged beers from their newest facility, Cellar 3.
For more information on Green Flash Cellar 3:
and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans! Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat: beeralien