Throughout Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, Carolina Brewery will raise awareness and funds in support of Susan G. Komen® by transforming its popular “Sky Blue Golden Ale” into “Sky Pink Golden Ale.” Susan G. Komen® is a non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and ending breast cancer forever. The first brewery in the triangle area and fifth in North Carolina, Carolina Brewery is a pioneer for craft brewing throughout the country, and the brewery is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.
Sky Pink cans will be available in limited-edition six-packs with pink can tops, courtesy of PakTech®, at participating retail locations throughout North Carolina and South Carolina. The much-loved Kölsch style ale will also be available on draft at Carolina Brewery’s two brewpub locations—the original in Chapel Hill, N.C. and the Pittsboro, N.C. location opened in 2007—and participating restaurants throughout the Carolinas.
Events to look forward to:
- October 1st, 2015 — Sky Pink “Pint Night” Launch Event at both brewpubs. $1 pints of Sky Pink.
- October 10th, 2015 — Oktoberfest 5k Run at Mary Hayes Barber Holmes Park in Pittsboro, N.C. Day-of registration will begin at 9am, with the race starting at 10:30am. Carolina Brewery’s Pittsboro brewpub will host an after party from 12-4pm, featuring Oktoberfest beer, bratwurst, kids activities, live music, and more. A portion of the proceeds from race registrations benefit Susan G. Komen®.
- October 10th, 2015 — Sky Pink at the World Beer Festival
- October 17th, 2015, 8am-5pm — Carolina Brewery sponsors “Fish Like a Girl” Koru Village Fishing Tournament at Avon Fishing Pier, Cape Hatteras, N.C. The first annual tournament is part of Koru Village’s yearly “Turn the Village Pink” campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Women of all ages can enter for $30, and cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Net proceeds will benefit Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation. Sky Pink will be served during the event and after at Koru Village’s Pangea Tavern.
- Sky Pink pint glasses, koozies, and hats will be available throughout the month at Carolina Brewery.
“Sky Blue Golden Ale is one of our most popular, flagship beers, and we’re thrilled to support breast cancer awareness and research through the inaugural ‘Sky Pink’ campaign,” said Robert Poitras, Cofounder of Carolina Brewery. “We hope this will spark an annual tradition to look forward to each October, for many years to come.”
“We are appreciative of the support that Carolina Brewery is providing to end breast cancer forever in our community,” said Pam Kohl, Executive Director of Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast Affiliate (NCTC). “Their donation, and yours, will make a difference in the lives of women and men in our 29 North Carolina county service area.”
Carolina Brewery’s breast cancer awareness efforts will culminate in a donation to Susan G. Komen® NCTC Chapter at a check ceremony on November 10th at their Chapel Hill Brewpub.
Since Carolina Brewery’s founding in 1995, the number of craft breweries in the region has exploded, with over 120 in North Carolina alone. Carolina Brewery’s unique strength lies in its rich history—while the company has grown over the past two decades, its mission remains the same: to brew the highest quality craft beer, made using only the best ingredients and techniques.
carolinabrewery.com | #DrinkSkyPink
Be sure to follow us on Social Media to get to see our beer adventures live as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!