The Brewery Will Toast the Anniversary with Events,
Tastings & Beer Releases Throughout the Spring
Events will Culminate in a Finale 5K Run/Walk & Party Hosted
at the Chapel Hill Brewpub on April 11th
Carolina Brewery, a North Carolina institution and pioneer for craft brewing throughout the United States, celebrates its 20-year anniversary in 2015. The brewery features two brewpub locations with full-service restaurants and brewing facilities—the original in Chapel Hill, N.C., and a Pittsboro, N.C., location opened in 2007. Its world-renowned beers have received numerous accolades in the press and at respected beer festivals, including the gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival, over a dozen medals at the World Beer Championships, and many more. Starting this February, Carolina Brewery will host a number of 20th anniversary events, tastings, and releases, extending the celebration throughout the spring. Look forward to:
- Feb. 9th, 2015 — Launch of Anniversary menu at both brewpub locations. This will include updated comfort food favorites from the past two decades like Shrimp and Grits, Meatloaf, and new items featuring the freshest, local North Carolina ingredients. The menu will be available for five weeks.
- Feb. 10th, 2015 — Carolina Brewery’s Anniversary Ale debuts at both brewpubs. The malty and refreshing ale features light hops for minimum bitterness. A touch of dried orange, cumin, and coriander is added to round out the flavor. It will be sold on tap in growlers to-go, and a collectible large bottle and new can will be released later this spring.
- Feb. 13th, 2015 — Anniversary logo pint glasses will be released. The first 400 customers at each brewpub will receive a free glass to take home.
- March 7th & 8th, 2015 – Both brewpubs will host “Oyster and Beer” pairing events, with oysters from family-owned Shooting Point Oyster Company in Maryland. Tickets will be available for sale online in advance.
- April 11th, 2015 — Grand finale celebration with a 5K run/walk in Chapel Hill followed by a 20th Anniversary Party at Carolina Brewery. Tickets will be available for sale online in advance.
Carolina Brewery will reveal other initiatives throughout the year, including about a dozen giveaways through social media.
The year kicked off with the debut of Carolina Brewery’s 20th Anniversary Local Burger, available on the menu at both brewpub locations. The brewery is committed to creating dishes using only the best ingredients, most of which are sourced locally. The burger—made with (1) local beef (2) local cheese (3) local bread and (4) local beer—helps illustrate the full-circle story of Carolina Brewery’s ingredient-driven menu. The patty is made with ground beef from Lilly Den Farms, just miles from Carolina Brewery. The cattle at the farm are raised on nutritious, spent brewery grains leftover from Carolina Brewery’s brewing process. The lean and tasty burger is then stuffed with local cheese from Chapel Hill Creamery, and sandwiched in a fresh baked bun from The Pittsboro Bread Shop.
Since Carolina Brewery’s founding in 1995, the number of craft breweries in the region has exploded, with over 120 in North Carolina alone. Carolina Brewery’s unique strength lies in its rich history—while the company has grown over the past two decades, its mission remains the same: to brew the highest quality craft beer, made using only the best ingredients and techniques.
A graduate of the Siebel Institute of Technology & World Brewing Academy in Chicago, Jon Connolly has served as Carolina Brewery’s Brewmaster and Director of Brewing Operations for 20 years. For a full list of Carolina Brewery’s handcrafted beers, all of which are brewed in-house, please visit the website.
Cofounded in 1995 by Robert Poitras, Carolina Brewery is a North Carolina institution with two brewpub locations in Chapel Hill and Pittsboro, each serving contemporary American pub fare made from local ingredients. The brewery is the fifth oldest in the state, and a pioneer for craft brewing throughout the country. Carolina Brewery has received numerous accolades in the press and at respected beer festivals throughout the world, including the gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival, over a dozen medals at the World Beer Championships, and many more. Carolina Brewery’s beers are available at restaurants, bars, and shops offering craft beer throughout the Carolinas and eastern Tennessee.
460 West Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
910 942 1800
Twitter: @CBreweryBeer (beer) | @CarolinaBrewery (brewpub)
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!