Beer Alien intercepted this press release and apparently Bacon is a big deal to you humans. We strongly urge you to attend if you cannot get your fill of Bacon and Craft Beer. You can bet us Beer Aliens will be there, studying this human phenomenon of bacon and craft beer consumption.
BACON & BARRELS FOOD FESTIVAL ARRIVES IN SAN DIEGO
ON MAY 31st FOR HOG HEAVEN WEEKEND
To purchase tickets, please visit www.BaconandBarrels.com.
(Santa Monica, CA)- Event production companies, Create Promotions and YourBash!, announced the debut of Bacon & Barrels in San Diego, CA on May 31st, 2014. Billed as the ultimate food festival for bacon lovers everywhere, Bacon & Barrels is an all-day festival featuring local chefs’ most imaginative recipes incorporating bacon, and highlights the best artisan and craft barrel beverages such as bourbon, beer, wine, and scotch. The event takes place at San Diego’s pristine Embarcadero Marina Park, the perfect back drop for food, drinks and live music on a summer Saturday.
“Swine and Wine are Mighty Fine,” declares Holly Holliday of Create Promotions. “I started Bacon & Barrels in Los Olivos in 2013, a charming town known for its incredible wines, to bring foodies everywhere the ultimate outdoor festival – one that combines our obsession with anything bacon, the best artisan barrel beverages, bites from a celebrity chef, and local entertainment from cutting edge bands. Bacon & Barrels is fun, welcoming and slightly ironic, and we are excited for the residents and visitors of San Diego to experience all it has to offer.”
- Friday, May 30th with Top Chef Alum, Brooke Williamson, Cooking V.I.P. Dinner
- The Bacon & Barrels San Diego weekend kicks off with our 4-Course All Bacon Dinner, featuring Beer and Bourbon pairings by “Dr. Bill” Sysak of Stone Brewing
- Saturday, May 31st:
- The all-day Festival features over 140 food and libation booths with all inclusive tastings as well as live music from indie favorites, The Stone Foxes and Black Crystal Wolf Kids
- Stone Brewing, a San Diego favorite, will be among the many Craft Breweries pouring at Bacon & Barrels. In addition: artisan spirits, local restaurants, wineries including an entire zone featuring Santa Barbara County Wineries, and bacon focused vendors will be among the many participants
Some breweries that will be in attendance:
- Firestone Walker
- Stone Brewing
- Sierra Nevada
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing
- Legacy Brewing Co
- Casta Negra
- Twisted Manzanita
- $75 = General Admission
- $25 = Designated Driver Admission
- $95 = Early General Admission
- $300 = V.I.P. (Very Important Pig) including Friday night dinner and access to festival lounge with special tastings
- To purchase tickets, please visit www.BaconandBarrels.com.
Friday, May 30th V.I.P. – Dinner hosted by Brooke Williamson: 5:30pm-8pm
Saturday, May 31st – General Public: 1pm-5pm
V.I.P. & Early Admission tickets enter at 12pm
Embarcadero Marina Park South
1 Marina Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101
A Good Cause:
In addition to hosting an unforgettable event, Bacon & Barrels is committed to the community and the environment. The San Diego event will support a local military charity and give back to those who serve by donating a percentage of all ticket sales to the organization. Bacon & Barrels will also incorporate its proprietary Environmental Event process, with a goal of 95% of all event trash diverted from the Landfill.
For more information on the food and drink providers and to purchase tickets, please visit www.BaconandBarrels.com.
ABOUT BACON & BARRELS
Bacon & Barrels is the definitive outdoor festival for the bacon obsessed foodies and those who prefer their drinks from a barrel. Bacon & Barrels was started in 2013 in Los Olivos, Santa Barbara’s wine country, and attracts a sellout crowd as soon as tickets go on sale. Based on the success and popularity in the north, this upscale and fun food festival has added a location, and is headed south to San Diego on May 31, 2014. The all-day event brings together fresh recipes incorporating bacon with the best artisan and craft barrel beverages such as bourbon, beer, wine, and scotch and live music.
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!