Do you like spontaneity? Are you a craft beer lover? Do you want to get married by a Brewer at Strong Beer Festival? Would you like a free wedding? If you answered “yes” to all of these questions, The Arizona Craft Brewers Guild’s “Hop Down the Aisle” Impromptu Wedding is for you.
On Valentine’s Day, February 14h, 2015 at 12:30 p.m., one lucky couple will walk down the aisle at the 15th annual Strong Beer Festival™. The Catch? They will only have 24-hours’ notice until beer glasses start clinking and wedding bells are ringing.
Couples from across the state are encouraged to submit their love story to the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild Judges. Whether the story is heartwarming, hilarious, peculiar or all of the above, the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild wants to hear how you fell in love.
Here’s how it works:
To enter, couples must submit and commit to the following:
- Send a one page, 500 words or less, email to firstname.lastname@example.org on why you want to get hitched at Arizona Strong Beer Festival™ 2015.
- The name of both parties, phone number and email address
- Must be able to appear for an interview on Wednesday, February 12th.
- Must be able to obtain an Arizona Marriage License prior to February 14, 2015.
- All submissions must be received by February 1, 2015 at midnight.
- No purchase required to participate.
After the judges deliberate between contenders, selected applicants will be invited to come down to Scottsdale Beer Company on February 9th from 10-12 p.m. A panel will then select the lucky couple, who will be notified on February 13th.
With only 24 hours’ notice, the bride and groom won’t have much time to wrap their head around the excitement. However, the only thing they need to worry about is which craft beer they will drink first as a married couple.
The Arizona Craft Brewers Guild “Hop Down the Aisle” wedding package includes:
- Wedding dress by Adore AZ Bridal
- Tux rental by Suit Yourself
- Custom cake by Cuteology Cakes
- Bridal bouquet, Bridesmaids bouquet, Groom boutonniere, Best Man boutonniere, Mothers corsages, Fathers boutonnieres, centerpiece and arch piece by PJ’s Flowers
- Lovely honeymoon stay at the gorgeous Clarendon Hotel
- Strong Beer and delicious catering by local breweries and restaurants
- Ability to invite up to 50 guests
- Camera crews will follow the bridal party through the day to capture every moment
“It’s Valentine’s Day, craft beer and love are in air, why not have a wedding”, says Arizona Craft Brewers Guild Executive Director, Rob Fullmer, “A Hop Down the Aisle” provides a deserving couple with the opportunity to celebrate their love for each other and their love craft beer and the growing community.” We encourage anyone wanting to exchange vows, renew their vows or just profess their love to also do so at the festival. You may not win the whole wedding but we will have at least 10 ordain ministers/brewers at the festival to perform ceremonies throughout the day.
Interested in winning “A Hop Down the Aisle?” We want to hear your love story. Please remember to submit your story by Feb 1st to email@example.com and follow all guidelines to ensure your love story is qualified. Good Luck!
ABOUT STRONG BEER FESTIVAL™
The 15th annual Strong Beer Festival™takes place on Feb 14 from 1-5 p.m. (11:30 a.m. Entry for VIP) at Steele Indian School Park. The festival is the marquee event for the 5th annual Arizona Beer Week, which runs Feb 12-21st. The festival will host thousands of beers and hundreds of the nations best brewers. Tickets are on sale now. Click here for tickets.
Be sure to follow us on Social Media to get to see our beer adventures live as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!