Anchor Brewing Company will once again celebrate America’s first craft beer, Anchor Steam® Beer, with the return of Drink Steam Week August 14-21, 2016. In 2015, the Mayor of San Francisco proclaimed the third week of August to be Drink Steam Week, celebrating Anchor’s contribution to craft beer in America and continued commitment to brewing in San Francisco. In its second annual year, Drink Steam Week will consist of events and happenings across the country to celebrate Anchor’s rich history.
“Anchor Steam Beer is the foundation of both Anchor Brewing and the American craft beer movement,” said Anchor Brewing CEO and President Matt Davenport. “Throughout its 120-year history in San Francisco, Anchor has held steadfast to traditional brewing techniques and high quality standards, influencing and inspiring brewers and beer fans alike over the decades. Drink Steam Week is an opportunity to celebrate this legacy with the craft beer community.”
Anchor will kick the week long celebration off with the “Drink Steam Week Kick-Off Party” on August 14th at the Anchor Beer Garden at The Yard in San Francisco. For a full list of events and special offerings happening throughout Drink Steam Week, visit www.drinksteam.com. #DrinkSteam
Grab an Anchor Steam and #RaiseYourAnchor to America’s first craft beer wherever you are! Below is a short list of Drink Steam Destinations around the country:
- Blackthorn Tavern, Brewcade, Bus Stop, Grant and Green, Kilowatt, The Lark Bar, The Page, Pi Bar, SOMA StrEat Food Park
- BooKoo, Peris Tavern, Smitty’s Bar, Sprengers Tap Room, Taps Beer Co. & Kitchen
- Dutch Goose, Fish Market Restaurant, The Office, Sam’s Chowder House, Seven Mile House
- Brick + Mortar, Johnny’s, Pig ‘n Whistle, San Francisco Saloon, Sports Harbour
- The Balboa, Coin Haus, The Fish Market Restaurant, Slaters 50/50, Small Bar
- Belle and Whete, Brown Lantern, Emmet Watsons, Henry’s Tavern, Treehouse
- Howell’s & Hood, Moody’s Pub, Oyster Bah, Presidio, Shaw’s Crab House
- The Manchester Arms, Padriacs, The Righteous Room, The Square Pub, W.H. Stiles Fish Camp
New York City
- Bowery Bar, Finnerty’s Irish Pub, Live Bait, Old Stanley’s, Old Town Bar
- Cleary’s, Conor Larkins Grill & Tap, Copper House Tavern, Doyle’s Cafe, Highball Lounge
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!