The aliens invaded the Canyon Club Sports Pub & Grill this week for a special SD Beer Week event. Acoustic Ales tap takeover was a fun and relaxed event. The atmosphere was pretty calm and everyone was enjoying the special selection of core beers from Acoustic Ales.
The décor matched that of what the name states a Sports Pub, but with a little Acoustic Ales twist. All throughout the establishment there were different Acoustic Ales beer posters on the walls and on top of old sports decorations. The small dive beer aspect of this place makes it a great intimate gathering spot for humans that are ready to try different craft beers. Though they have other local craft beers on tap as well, this night showcased the Acoustic Ales lineup of beers.
The humans at the event could choose from either a flight of beers or a full pint of beer from the following:
- Witte Snake – A Belgian styled beer – with fresh ginger, coriander, and sweet orange peels. The aromas of this beer of citrus from the orange peels are easy to pick up while the ginger coats your tongue as you drink the beer. This beer is easy to drink with light hops and a floral finish. I would rate this beer 4 out 5.
- Ornery Mosh Pit – A Red IPA styled beer– this beer is bitter which is consistent with the style that its’ brewed in. It is moderately strong and a malt character that is present while drinking. This beer matches up with any other IPA and has a dry finish. I would rate this beer 4.2 out of 5.
- Red Strawberry Ale – An American Amber Ale beer – this beer is a moderately hoppy beer that has a distinct caramel malty flavor. The floral and fruit tones are present while drinking and this makes it an easy beer to drink for any occasion. I would rate this beer 4 out of 5.
- Shake Your Money Maker – An American Brown Ale beer – the aroma that comes off of this beer is very warm and almost chocolaty. Which all comes into one when the malt and the hops help enhance the chocolate and caramel characters that are used when brewing this beer. I would rate this beer 4.3 out of 5.
- “Unplugged Heaven” – Stout styled beer – this beer is not for the weary the aromas that come off this beer are mainly that of Bourbon which makes sense seeing as this beer is barrel aged in bourbon barrels. If you don’t like bourbon this beer is not for you. The bourbon flavor overpowers at first taste and sticks around for the after taste. I would rate this beer 4.5 out of 5.
Overall this event was fun and very calm. The south bay is on the rise when it comes to embracing and showcasing local craft beers. Whether it is a new brewery, tasting room or local sports pub, the craft beer scene in the south bay is here to stay.
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!