The first brewery of 2016 opened up earlier this month and has already created a buzz among craft beer enthusiasts. Bitter Brothers Brewing Co. has made its home in the Bay Ho area of San Diego and is becoming a new go to spot. This past Tuesday Bitter Brothers Brewing Co. held a special private event, which did not disappoint.
As you walk up to the building it looks relatively small compared to the more established breweries in San Diego. But looks are deceiving, from the outside of the building you would never guess that the space is over 3,000-square-feet. That space allows the brothers to brew and provide an ample area for their tasting room. With 14 handcrafted ceramic taps ready to pour beer the aliens, naturally, got one of each. Which included the following:
- Golden Child – Hefeweizen – this beer is beautifully crafted to its full potential. Refreshing and a great beer for any occasion. %5.5 ABV | 9 IBU.
- Little Brother – Citra Session IPA – a lighter styled IPA that doesn’t overpower you with hops like a traditional IPA. %4.75 ABV | 35 IBU.
- The Prodigal Son – Amarillo IPA – a more traditional IPA styled beer with a high hop flavor that lets its presence be known from the beginning. %6.8 ABV | 53 IBU
- Black Sheep – Coffee Porter – a creamy beer with a moderate presence of coffee mixed with light chocolate, caramel and malt characteristics. %5.2 ABV | 20 IBU
- Brotherly Love – Dunkelweizen – similar to the Golden Child Hefeweizen in style but differ in color and sweetness. A good mix of caramel and chocolate flavors. %5.6 ABV | 11 IBU
- Mommy’s Little Helper – Berliner Weisse – two different versions of this beer one made with Pomegranate and one with Ginger. While both offer a dominant sour character, the pomegranate version is a slight more sour than the ginger version. If you’re a fan of sours this beer is for you. %4.5 ABV | 4 IBU
- Extra Special Brother – Extra Special Bitter –A great example of the traditional English Pale Ale. Clean well-balanced beer that doesn’t overpower. %5.2 ABV | 39 IBU
The beer that stole the show was the Black Sheep Coffee Porter with Iced Coffee. This mixture of ingredients had the aliens in what you humans call “heaven”. For coffee and beer enthusiasts this beer was a special treat and one that will continue to stay on our minds until the next time we get our alien hands on it. Along with the great beer, the Mastiff Sausage Company was there serve all the hungry beer drinkers delicious hand made craft sausages. As the night went along we were able to get a few minutes to talk to VP/Co-founder of Bitter Brothers Brewing Co., Monica Andresen. Monica informed the aliens of their future plans of being able to get a canning machine in order to start distribution and the potential plans to add more tanks and expand to be able to brew more beer, which is a win-win for all.
Overall, this event was a great showcase for Bitter Brothers and their future. Bitter Brothers Brewing Co. is a great new brewery that deserves to be checked out. If you’re in a nearby galaxy or neighborhood be sure to stop by and tell them the aliens sent you.
Address: 4170 Morena Blvd, San Diego, CA 92117
For more information on Bitter Brothers Brewing Co. be sure to check out:
Be sure to follow us on Social Media to get to see our beer adventures live as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!
Be sure to follow us on Social Media as we invade more breweries and discover more awesome craft beers from all over the world! Cheers humans!